This is a diary of my journey through weight loss. I hope it encourages you as it helps me through one of the hardest challenges of my lifetime so far.



Monday, September 20, 2010

month 2, week 8, day 62

Tomorrow marks the end of month 2 in my quest for a new thinner, healthier, happier me. 62 days into this and I am down 14 pounds. Which is truly on track.  I feel bad sometimes because I don't stick to it everyday and every meal.  But when I look at the overall picture, I AM indeed getting there.  It is just so easy to look at the day or the hour and get all discouraged.  This morning when I sat down to write, I was feeling like it was slipping away. I have been lax and haven't been keeping track of food consumed and lax (more like lack) on exercise.  In reality it has just been a week since I last walked but if you asked me before I looked it up I would have said it had been longer than that.  My point in all this is, I think I have given up in the past
too soon, thinking I wasn't succeeding.  Don't get me wrong, I need to get focused again and get busy, but at least I am "seeing" some of the problems.  I had to MAKE myself sit down and write today. So easy to slip back into the old way.  And then before you know it, you have gained all the weight back and wonder what happened.  So today I vow to reread my contract (esp. #5-11) and get it back together.  I have said it before, but I have to keep trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment