This is a diary of my journey through weight loss. I hope it encourages you as it helps me through one of the hardest challenges of my lifetime so far.



Thursday, September 2, 2010

ahhhh....happiness

I can say today I feel very content and happy. Even though yesterday my basement flooded causing me some negative feelings and I ate a sonic hamburger and fries. Did I win the lottery? A new car? All my kids moved home? No none of those.  I was home, got my grocery shopping done, helped my older boys with some things, watched my youngest at a swim meet, and talked "cupcake shop" with my daughter.  Then I gave a friend a massage.  I lost 4 pounds this week and on top of it all the weather is so awesome, cool enough to open the house.  And my husband got home 3 hours earlier than expected.  I am just so glad to not be stressed out working day in and day out plus taking call and doing stressful work.  The money is sure not as good, but it's ok.  There is so much more to this life than money and things.  For the first time in my life I can say I have a job that I would do even if I didn't get paid.  I love it.  Contentment changes so much.  Some of the same problems come, but now dealing with them is easier.  I will NEVER go back the way it was.  Don't worry though, Brad I WILL work and make some money. 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post :) & LOVE you!!! You didn't post your new weight... you're at 280 right?! FOURTEEN pounds! Yeaaaaa! Contentment suits you :) Can't wait to see ya skinny mini. One more month.

    ReplyDelete