This is a diary of my journey through weight loss. I hope it encourages you as it helps me through one of the hardest challenges of my lifetime so far.



Sunday, August 29, 2010

Trying not to be Discouraged.

I am going through the hard time that I always do around this time in the diet. (a month to 6 weeks into it).  I am currently in the 6th week of my "lifestyle change".  I have stalled out the last couple of weeks and haven't lost any weight.  That is sooo discouraging.  You feel like what the heck? I have stayed in my caloric range and met my exercise goals.  This is usually the hard time and usually the time I give it up.  However, looking back 6 weeks ago.... I have lost 8-10 pounds (if fluctuates), is half way to my 3 month goal, so that is good. I KNOW I have lost inches because I can feel it in my clothes and see it in my clothes (be it small but it is there).  So I feel the need to reread my goals and contract which I did.  It made me feel better anyway and I WILL keep going. I upped my exercise goals a little earlier too.  From 30 minutes 3 times per week to 30 minutes 5 times per week.  STICK TO IT, STICK TO IT, STICK TO IT..................I may need to say that 100 times.  Now is the time for visuals too I think.  I had not done that yet, because I thought I was doin ok without. I need something I see daily all over the place to remind me.
On a happier note...our oldest son Tyler came to visit last week.  I loved having him here.  He is becoming so wise and grown up in a lot of ways.  (he is 23) I love seeing the adult he is becoming and I love who he is.  Of course God gets all credit, but it also a very nice compliment as a parent. 

1 comment:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT......... (times 100)! Love you mom :)

    ReplyDelete