This is a diary of my journey through weight loss. I hope it encourages you as it helps me through one of the hardest challenges of my lifetime so far.



Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week 2 (day 15)

Joined a gym yesterday.  Stuck to plan today. Exercised 30 min. on treadmill.  Weight at gym I joined had me at 291 earlier this afternoon. Did I really gain 6 pounds? Or is the difference in scales? Or was something wrong last week?  I'm not going to get discouraged. I am still down overall.  I will weigh on the same scale from now on at the gym and try to weigh the same time of day.  I made myself go to the gym and get on that treadmill.  But I really hate being there.  I hate it that people can see me and I hate the whole walking thing.  I feel so awkward with buff gym people in the same place as me.  I will say on their behalf they are very nice and encouraging.  The exercise is so hard for me. Especially at a gym.  I just need to remind myself that if I keep going the rewards will come.  That if someone has something to say then so what.  I am not going to get there sitting on the couch.  So this is how it is.  Just like changing the way I eat.  I still feel embarrassed about going there. aaaarrrggghhh.....

2 comments:

  1. Remember to think long term hon. It doesn't matter what the scale says this week, or what people see this week. What matters is what the scale says a year from now, and 10 years from now. Keep the goal in mind and don't worry abouut the distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kandy ya just gotta go in there and act as if you were the only reason they opened up that day. That is YOUR gym to do what YOU came to do ~ believe me everyone else is thinking the exact same thing. so you just keep going and know like Brad said ~ you are aiming for the long term here in short goal sets:) I cant wait to see today in 2011:) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete