This is a diary of my journey through weight loss. I hope it encourages you as it helps me through one of the hardest challenges of my lifetime so far.



Saturday, August 21, 2010

Numbers

I wonder if it would help to think of this as just a bunch of numbers. People in sales are taught not to get discouraged when they hear a no because that is just one more no till they hear a yes.  Just a matter of numbers and if you keep perservering you will get the number of yeses you want.  Just play with the numbers of calories and you will be able to eat a lot and still be healthy. Minutes of exercise is just a number to count. When you reach the magic number it is over.  Some numbers only matter today, because they will change tomorrow.  If you pay attention to the numbers you will not let too many get by you if you don't want them to, and you can smile at  the numbers that are going the direction you want them to.

Some of my numbers today:

       9  hours of sleep I got last night
  284  my current weight
229 1/8  inches I measured on my body
3600  steps I took while walking the dog
    45   minutes to complete walk
      1.5  miles covered in walk
    91  temperature during walk
    80   percent of humidity during walk
  160   heart rate at hardest part of walk
1700   calories consumed 
    12   glasses of water consumed
bajillion  times I have had to go to the bathroom because of water consumption
      6  errands ran
    76  dollars spent 
    16  dollars saved with coupons
      4  paint chips taken to Paradise for new spa room color where I start working Sept. 1
      3 massage appointments on the books (at home not Paradise)
  250  points earned on Spark People
      5 weeks since I last saw Tyler and Ashley & Hunter
    14 days since I last saw Trey
    36   hours since I have seen my husband
      1  hours I have seen Travis since yesterday
     10 time I am crawling in bed tonight

Might sound goofy, but that is my thought for today.

          

1 comment: