This is a diary of my journey through weight loss. I hope it encourages you as it helps me through one of the hardest challenges of my lifetime so far.



Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 3

The contract is waiting two more signatures, but verbal has been received from all. My patient husband, Brad, my fabulous daughter, Ashley, who is truly excited and her dear supportive husband, Hunter, my eldest son, Tyler, who loves my honesty and transparency, my middle son Trey, who is encouraging my walks (and says he will walk around shirtless to remind me of a true speciman of health), and my very sweet son, Travis, who pledged to clean up around the house more to relieve some stress.

It is all so encouraging.  I can't do it without them.  This is definately one factor that will make this diet be the one that works.  I mean, life style change not diet. I have never felt like so many were on my team before. Usually I am at it alone, because, after all, it is my problem.  But how grateful I am to have involved them.  I knew they would flood me with support, love, and encouragement so I can't possibly fail. 

Well I stuck to the plan today except for adding an extra cucumber in there.  But then again, I did stick to the plan because if I have to put something in my mouth it will be a vegetable or fruit. I packed exactly what I would eat while away at work (which was easy because it was "mapped out") and after supper asked if someone else would put away the food (so I wouldn't be tempted to cheat and take bites) then I would do the dishes.  They were most helpful. I switched 30 minutes of Yoga for the walk because it so blooming hot and humid outside.  That is something I hope to get good at because I love it.  But right now, let me tell you, it is NOT easy for this big girl to do.  But I am not giving up.

The 2 year plan is up (as I see it now). I plan to stick this plan, just may tweak it a little along the way.

I take my Massage & Bodywork Licensing Exam tomorrow.  I will not let that stress me and cause me to eat wrongly.  I just won't do it.

1 comment:

  1. Kandy I support what you are about to do and there is no doubt in my mind you will make it happen! Im proud of your family for getting behind you on this because its NOT just your problem ~ the way you feel about yourself affects everyone you come in contact with and I would encourage you to be bold and share this publicly! I think you will be amazed at how many people will get on board. You may even encourage someone else you dont even know to move ahead and get well too. :) I love you and wish you the best along this journey and Ill be praying for you to achieve and find the real you:)

    ReplyDelete