This is a diary of my journey through weight loss. I hope it encourages you as it helps me through one of the hardest challenges of my lifetime so far.



Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 5 (Sunday)

Another successful day in sticking to the menu plan.  I can tell you that it definately helps (so far) to have it all planned out ahead of time.  And sticking to the plan perfectly at first is just what I have to do. I can't seem to deal with decisions right now so it is best that I just follow the plan and not think about it.  Today I am a little tired of salad and vegetables and it makes me a bit crabby. I am really not hungry, just wanting something but don't know what.  I guess this is when I just need to do something and take my mind off eating.  I wanted to snack on a some chips on the counter, and an open box of cheez its. I wanted one of the cookies at craft club today, but I just stayed away and the men helped by putting food away.  They are learning too.  So after supper, I got rid of food right away, and I just cleaned up, did the dishes and forgot about it.  It seems like I want to eat just because it is there sometimes.  Later on, when I am sticking to it and successful, I think I can handle a piece of cake occasionally or some ice cream.  But for now, I just am sticking to the plan no matter what. This is such a mind game.  I wonder if it could be compared to sports that say they are 10% physical and 90% mental (or however it goes)?

No comments:

Post a Comment