This is a diary of my journey through weight loss. I hope it encourages you as it helps me through one of the hardest challenges of my lifetime so far.



Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pros and Cons of Losing Weight

PROS

  • decrease blood pressure and swelling and eliminate medication
  • decrease current high risk for health problems
  • decrease discomfort, eventually eliminate it
  • breathe easier
  • garden easier because my size won't be an issue
  • increase my energy and not be so tired all the time
  • decrease feeling of being self-conscious of my size everywhere I go
  • live longer, better, happier, funner, etc. etc. and on and on
  • be able to wear clothes that I like and not just settle for those that will fit
  • feel "freer" because I can move better
  • be more active because I am not lugging around all those extra pounds
  • be able to be more active with my kids and future grandchildren
  • increase self-esteem
  • be able to massage better and for a longer time (would be able to meet several goals in this area alone)
  • truly be me
  • more smiles, more happiness
  • break free of the chains that have been holding me down for so long!

CONS

  • hard to do-a lot of effort
  • not fast -will take time
  • will never be able to eat whatever I want whenever I want
  • maybe a little scared of who I might really be underneath-what if those I love don't like the new me?

1 comment:

  1. Melissa Bromlow-Harrison ‎"I'm not fat, I'm kidnap-resistant!!"

    Though I would share the wisdom of our little sister! BAAHAHAAA.......:)

    ReplyDelete