This is a diary of my journey through weight loss. I hope it encourages you as it helps me through one of the hardest challenges of my lifetime so far.



Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 10 Friday

http://kimbensen.com/about My inspiration of the day.  Thank you Ashley.  It helps so much to read inspiring stories.  I went out for the first time today with my husband for our Anniversary (27 years).  I was so fortunate that there was a "light" option on the menu and the chef said it was around 280 cal.  I am certain I will choose there when possible to eat out in the future.  That made me happy to be able to stick to my plan.  I miss my older kids today.  The ones that live far away.  But I will not give in and eat to soothe it.  Food does NOT rule my life.  My role as a parent, wife, and fulfilled person does not revolve around what I cook and what we eat. There are so many things to do with the time that is not spent in the kitchen.  I must look at it this way.  I love being a cook and being in the kitchen and taking care of my family that way, but I must also now make a choice and I choose longer life with those I love.

1 comment:

  1. :) I love you. Congrats and Happy Anniversary. I was going to call earlier but got caught up :)

    ReplyDelete