This is a diary of my journey through weight loss. I hope it encourages you as it helps me through one of the hardest challenges of my lifetime so far.



Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 4

Yippppeeee!!!! I passed my Massage Therapy test today!!!  I am so happy about that!!!  Just a few more steps and I will be working in a career that I am so excited about!!!  When I was driving home I was feeling so good and was thinking what is ahead for me.  I felt for the first time in I don't know when that I REALLY CAN do anything I set my mind to.  I have always told my kids that and I guess it is time for me to believe it as well.  I felt I could succeed as a Massage Therapist and at a new healthy life with a new body to show for it.  I can't wait!  As for the health plan, I read a most inspiring article in Shape magazine about someone alot like me, I shared my blog with my sister, and I stuck to the meal plan mostly.  I will be honest. I was hungry while cooking supper so I got out the cucumber and red pepper and snacked on it while I was cooking.  I ate 11 shrimp instead of 10 like I was supposed to and I ate 1/4 cup more rice and it was white instead of brown.  All in all pretty good though.  I noticed that I wanted to "celebrate" my test passing by going out to eat.  And I had a lot of nervous energy this afternoon and that made me want to eat as well. I drank water which helped. I am struggling with the required amount of water but I am getting at least half of it in.  I will need to turn that nervous energy into activity.  I tried to start a cleaning project, but it is so big, I just did a little and decided to make cards for craft club tomorrow instead.  This is also a great way to release that energy I think.  I talked to all my kids and husband today and that is always good. 

2 comments:

  1. Well you didnt ask me BUT Ive never been one to sit around waiting for a special invitation:)

    1. I will help you laugh at yourself :)

    2. I will keep my eyes and ears open for new ideas and help you be accountable for your actions.

    3 For every 5 pounds you lose I will smoke one less cigarette and walk 10 more steps of my own :)

    See, now you HAVE to do it because I am counting on you :)
    I love you and am praying for US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah and I want you to know that your inner beauty far outweighs anything you could ever do to your exterior, however, in order for us to grow old together, this will be a critical and necessary element:)

    ReplyDelete